5th February 2019Back
Amy Rides for MAG
AJC are pleased to sponsor Amy Searle who will be riding 600km over 5 days in Vietnam, to raise money for the Mines Advisory Group.
MAG was Setup in 1989 by British Army engineer Rae McGrath who witnessed first-hand the horrific impact on civilians of landmines and unexploded bombs while working in Afghanistan. He also saw how these weapons were hindering reconstruction and aid delivery.
The Charity was also supported by Diana, Princess of Wales who spoke out against the production and use of landmines and had made several visits to affected countries such as Angola. Lady Diana developed close ties with MAG and was the keynote speaker at a MAG photographic exhibition in London. Two decades later, in April 2017, her son Prince Harry continued her work by helping MAG launch the Landmine Free 2025 campaign to lobby for a world free of landmines by 2025.
Amy and a group of fundraisers will be flying out to Vietnam on Friday 8th February and their itinerary will include:
- The first two days travelling to Halong Bay
- The challenge will actually commence on Sunday 10thFebruary cycling to Hai Phong (88km)
- The second day cycling 92km down south to Nam Dinh
- The third day cycling 100km to Thanh Hoa
- The fourth day cycling 136km to Ha Tinh
- The final day is 146km where they finish up at MAG’s clearance site, where they will see the work in action to remove live mines
Find out more about Amy's Just Giving page here: https://www.justgiving.com/fun...
Find out more about the Group's Just Giving page here: https://www.justgiving.com/cam...
AJC are also donating plenty of sweets to the children's Orphanage which Amy will be visiting on her bike ride through Vietnam. We look forward to hearing all about the trip and would like to wish Amy the best of luck with her Charity Bike Ride!